To better inform our families about schedule changes, the Dubuque Community School District will begin offering text messaging for weather-related and emergency alerts from the district. The service is offered through School Messenger, the system the district currently uses for mass email messages and automated phone calls.
HERE’S HOW TO BE SURE YOU RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES:
- On TUESDAY, FEB. 21, between approximately 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. all phone numbers on file for families and staff will receive a text message asking them to opt in.
- If your phone has SMS or text messaging capability, you will receive the initial message.
- When you receive this text, REPLY “Yes” or “Y” to confirm that you’d like to continue receiving text messages.
- That’s it! You will then receive text messages for weather and emergency alerts.
- You can opt out of these text messages at any time by replying to one of our messages with “Stop”.
PLEASE NOTE: The district will only use text messages for weather-related or emergency purposes, not for general district information. Subscribers are responsible for any applicable text messaging charges from their carrier.