Home of the Rams –
Welcome to Our House!
The mission of Dubuque Senior High School is to provide a climate of mutual respect and support where all may develop their intellectual, creative, social and physical potential.
The History of Dubuque Senior High School
Dubuque High School began in the Prescott Apartments in October of 1858. In 1859, the Board of Education bought what is now Immaculate Conception Academy for $12,000.00. Turner’s Hall, once the High School Annex, now the Dubuque Boys’ Club was purchased in 1865 for $6,500.00 and $7,000.00 in equipment was added. In 1895 the building at 15th and Locust was purchased for $90,000.00. This building was too small to house all the students, so the overflow attended classes at the Annex. On February 23, 1923 the building now known as Dubuque Senior High School opened and has housed the students ever since.
Additions to DSHS
November 17, 1935 Mural in Auditorium
1954 The Big Gym Addition
1965 Third Story Addition
1965 The Addition of B wing created a closed in court yard
1987-88 D-wing was added
2012-13 Dalzell Field reconstruction
2016 – Senior is scheduled for major remodeling
The Dubuque Senior High School Motto:
“Finis Coronat Opus” – The end crowns the work.