About Our School
The History of Dubuque Senior High School
Dubuque High School began in the Prescott Apartments in October of 1858. In 1859, the Board of Education bought what is now Immaculate Conception Academy for $12,000.00. Turner’s Hall, once the High School Annex, now the Dubuque Boys’ Club was purchased in 1865 for $6,500.00 and $7,000.00 in equipment was added. In 1895 the building at 15th and Locust was purchased for $90,000.00. This building was too small to house all the students, so the overflow attended classes at the Annex. On February 23, 1923 the building now known as Dubuque Senior High School opened and has housed the students ever since.